Juju newbie questions

Thomas Leonard tal at it-innovation.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 25 09:06:47 UTC 2012

Hi Kapil,

That's useful to know. Is there a document somewhere describing the security
model (e.g. what kinds of deployments should be safe)? A diagram showing the
various components (juju client, ZooKeeper, etc) and how they communicate
would be useful.

As I understand it so far:

- ZooKeeper must not run on a machine with any untrusted users/software
- Attackers must not have access to ZooKeeper's port
- Deployed VMs must have access to ZooKeeper

Does this means that all VMs in one Juju environment are considered to be
equally trusted?

For example, if I deploy a web service and a logging service, can I rely on
the security features of the logging service to prevent an attacker who
compromises the web service from deleting the logs? Or, would getting
control of the web service VM automatically allow the attacker to compromise
the logger VM too?

Thanks,