Managing Status reporting and work backlog items

Mark Ramm mark.ramm-christnesen at canonical.com
Tue Jun 12 18:58:50 UTC 2012

On 6/11/12 12:53 PM, Frank Mueller wrote:
> I like it as a lightweight method and so giving a high benefit for little effort. Especially the visualization gives a good and quick feedback regarding the pace. And we need to get a good feeling for the size of those todo items, not too big, not too small. Then we also should have no problem with misleading charts. The examples below show a good direction.

I think it would be ideal for work items to be anywhere from a day to
about a week.  We don't want to cut at too fine a detail level and end
up with lots of work to manage the work item artifacts, but we also
don't want to be at such a high level of detail that we're not able to
report progress on a regular basis.

--Mark