[ANN] juju-core 1.9.3 has been released
david.cheney at canonical.com
Mon Dec 3 00:00:47 UTC 2012
A new experimental release of Juju, juju-core 1.9.3, is now available
for testing. This release of the Go port of Juju and should be
juju-core 1.9.3 is available from the Gophers PPA
Optional configuration changes
* In this release of juju-core, the public-bucket configuration item
has acquired a sensible default and can be removed from any EC2
* A new configuration item, public-bucket-region, has been added to
allow non us-east-1 EC2 environments to discover the correct S3 endpoint
when downloading their toolsets. This configuration item has a usable
default and is not expected to needed under normal circumstances.
New and Notable
This release includes several improvements
* juju-core now users a direct TLS authenticated connection between
clients, agents and the state server. The juju cli tool will
automatically generate and manage the CA and subordinate certificates
when bootstrapping an environment. This replaces the previous SSH tunnel
mechanism and is both faster and more reliable.
* Support for bootstrapping into non us-east-1 environments has
improved, however please refer to the following section for caveats.
Known bugs and limitations
As this is an early release of Juju in Go there are a number of features
which are still to be implemented. A non exhaustive list of known issues
is as follows.
* EC2 is the only supported provider.
* Raring series environments are not supported.
* default-series is not respected, the series of the environment will
match the series of the machine which issued the juju bootstrap command.
* Most types of relations are supported, but they are not displayed in
juju status. #1073966
* The ssl-hostname-verification configuration key is not valid in an
environments.yaml configuration. The EC2 provider does perform ssl host
verification by virtue of only talking to https endpoints. As a
temporary measure, please remove this key from your environments.yaml.
* us-east-1 is the most reliable region to deploy into. Due to subtle
differences in the EC2 regions, juju bootstrap may fail. This has
improved in 1.9.3, but is still problematic. The current workaround is
to use us-east-1, retry your juju deploy command, or change your control
bucket after destroying your previous environment. #1042107
* The juju-core package currently cannot be installed in parallel with
juju 0.5/0.6 due to conflicting ownership of /usr/bin/juju (and others).
This may be mitigated in the future with alternatives.
* destroy-service is not yet implemented. As a workaround you can
remove all the units assigned to a service. This is issue #1027878.
* terminate-machine is not yet implemented. #1073976
* Constraints are not yet implemented. #1027873
* Subordinate charms are not yet implemented.
We encourage everyone to subscribe the mailing list at
juju-dev at lists.canonical.com, or join us on #juju-dev on freenode.
On behalf of the Juju team
More information about the Juju-dev