[ubuntu/jammy-proposed] gnome-console 42~beta-1 (Accepted)
jeremy.bicha at canonical.com
Mon Mar 7 13:45:23 UTC 2022
gnome-console (42~beta-1) unstable; urgency=medium
[ Arnaud Ferraris ]
* New upstream release.
* debian: rename package to gnome-console.
Upstream package became a GNOME core application and got renamed to
`Console` in the process. This commit acknowledges this move by:
- renaming the Debian package to `gnome-console`
- replacing all occurrences of "Kings Cross" with "Console"
- pointing to the new upstream URL
- adding a transitional package for smooth upgrades
- update copyright entries for renamed files
* d/patches: drop obsolete patch.
Upstream doesn't build a shared library anymore, making our patch
obsolete as it solved a reproducibility issue affecting this exact
* d/rules: drop pkg.kgx.generic build profile.
Upstream used to provide a "generic" build profile with a different icon
and application name than what was used for "regular" builds. This is no
longer an option, and as such we can drop our corresponding
`pkg.kgx.generic` build profile.
* d/control: update build dependencies.
Upstream bumped the required versions for some of the build
dependencies, this commit makes sure our package has the same
* debian: fix handling pre-release version numbers.
Upstream releases beta versions with a `.beta` suffix (and similar
suffixes are likely to be expected for alpha and rc versions). This
commit adds the necessary bits to both our `watch` and `gbp.conf` files
in order to properly deal with such version numbers in conformity with
the Debian policy.
* debian: build Nautilus extension.
Console provides an optional extension for Nautilus. In order to build
it and package it as `nautilus-extension-gnome-console`, this commit
adds the necessary build-dependency and new package definition to
`d/control`, and also introduces the corresponding `.install` file.
* d/patches: drop custom RPATH in executable.
Fixes: lintian: custom-library-search-path
* d/copyright: update and add entry for `po` files.
Our `copyright` file was missing information about translation files,
for which translators weren't credited. Fix this and update copyright
file so the data is accurate and includes newly added files.
[ Jeremy Bicha ]
* Don't run build tests through xvfb
* debian/rules: Don't manually set build directory
* Don't Build-Depend on git
* Update Vcs fields
* debian/rules: Enable auto features.
This force enables all the auto meson options.
Otherwise, we could accidentally have features disabled
because we didn't have a dependency installed.
Date: 2022-03-06 22:32:01.888915+00:00
Signed-By: Jeremy Bicha <jeremy.bicha at canonical.com>
-------------- next part --------------
Sorry, changesfile not available.
More information about the jammy-changes