Accepted mindi 1.04-3 (source)
dh at mailempfang.de
Tue Mar 15 04:15:07 CST 2005
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:11:10 +0000
Maintainer: Hector Garcia <hector at debian.org>
Changed-By: Daniel Holbach <dh at mailempfang.de>
mindi - creates boot/root disks based on your system
Closes: 282106 283815
mindi (1.04-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Boot floppy fixes (Closes #280297):
- Use different heuristics to determine whether lilo has boot.b built in
or not because the original approach of evaluating the output of 'lilo
-X' doesn't work because lilo uses different compiler flags than what
mindi assumes. My approach is to assume that if the string boot.b can
be found in the binary, then it isn't built in because it needs the
default path in the binary.
- Replaced the rdev code with simply calling rdev with the device node.
This is in accordance with the rdev manpage and we only access floppy
0 anyway. (Fixes the error message '/dev/fd0H1440: No such file or
- The created floppy boot and root images used to get deleted in the
standard code immidiately after they where created with the result
that they are not available anymore when mondoarchive comes to the
point of writing things floppy. The offending statements were removed
and the created boot floppies boot now.
- Added 'Recommends: lilo' as this is needed for boot floppies (but
not everyone uses them and should not be forced to install lilo).
* Create devfs.conf in the right location. This is done by scanning for
the full path of the configuration file in the devfsd binary and using
this path. There is still one assumption here: The file has to be called
'devfsd.conf'. (Closes #280916.)
mindi (1.04-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Process /etc/modprobe.d if it exists when running a 2.6 kernel rather than
/etc/modprobe.conf. (Closes: #282106.)
* Replace egrep with grep in mindi's AddFileToDir. We don't need regular
expressions here, and special characters like '+' in file names lead to
wrong results because of their special meaning in regular expressions.
* Make beginning of package short description non-capital to fix lintian
* Slightly rephrased package long description to keep linda happy.
d473544a0e47fe2924fd7b36bf9c0e10 15182 utils optional mindi_1.04-3.diff.gz
1aafc9c5d347078a01b2445967ed0003 650 utils optional mindi_1.04-3.dsc
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the hoary-changes