Accepted: postgresql-8.3 8.3.3-0ubuntu0.8.04 (source)
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 11 20:41:08 BST 2008
-> Component: main Section: misc
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 18:01:16 +0200
Binary: libpq-dev libpq5 libecpg6 libecpg-dev libecpg-compat3 libpgtypes3 postgresql-8.3 postgresql-client-8.3 postgresql-server-dev-8.3 postgresql-doc-8.3 postgresql-contrib-8.3 postgresql-plperl-8.3 postgresql-plpython-8.3 postgresql-pltcl-8.3 postgresql postgresql-client postgresql-doc postgresql-contrib
Maintainer: Ubuntu Core Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com>
Changed-By: Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com>
libecpg-compat3 - older version of run-time library for ECPG programs
libecpg-dev - development files for ECPG (Embedded PostgreSQL for C)
libecpg6 - run-time library for ECPG programs
libpgtypes3 - shared library libpgtypes for PostgreSQL 8.3
libpq-dev - header files for libpq5 (PostgreSQL library)
libpq5 - PostgreSQL C client library
postgresql - object-relational SQL database (latest version)
postgresql-8.3 - object-relational SQL database, version 8.3 server
postgresql-client - front-end programs for PostgreSQL (latest version)
postgresql-client-8.3 - front-end programs for PostgreSQL 8.3
postgresql-contrib - additional facilities for PostgreSQL (latest version)
postgresql-contrib-8.3 - additional facilities for PostgreSQL
postgresql-doc - documentation for the PostgreSQL database management system
postgresql-doc-8.3 - documentation for the PostgreSQL database management system
postgresql-plperl-8.3 - PL/Perl procedural language for PostgreSQL 8.3
postgresql-plpython-8.3 - PL/Python procedural language for PostgreSQL 8.3
postgresql-pltcl-8.3 - PL/Tcl procedural language for PostgreSQL 8.3
postgresql-server-dev-8.3 - development files for PostgreSQL 8.3 server-side programming
postgresql-8.3 (8.3.3-0ubuntu0.8.04) hardy-proposed; urgency=low
* New upstream bugfix release (note that 8.3.2 was never officially released
due to the discovery of another major bug):
- Make pg_get_ruledef() parenthesize negative constants.
Before this fix, a negative constant in a view or rule might be
dumped as, say, -42::integer, which is subtly incorrect: it should
be (-42)::integer due to operator precedence rules. Usually this
would make little difference, but it could interact with another
recent patch to cause PostgreSQL to reject what had been a valid
"SELECT DISTINCT" view query. Since this could result in pg_dump
output failing to reload, it is being treated as a high-priority
fix. The only released versions in which dump output is actually
incorrect are 8.3.1 and 8.2.7.
- Make "ALTER AGGREGATE ... OWNER TO" update pg_shdepend.
This oversight could lead to problems if the aggregate was later
involved in a "DROP OWNED" or "REASSIGN OWNED" operation.
- Fix incorrect archive truncation point calculation for the %r macro
in recovery_command parameters. This could lead to data loss if a
warm-standby script relied on %r to decide when to throw away WAL
- Fix "ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN ... PRIMARY KEY" so that the new column
is correctly checked to see if it's been initialized to all
- Fix "REASSIGN OWNED" so that it works on procedural languages too.
- Fix problems with "SELECT FOR UPDATE/SHARE" occurring as a subquery
in a query with a non-"SELECT" top-level operation.
- Fix possible "CREATE TABLE" failure when inheriting the "same"
constraint from multiple parent relations that inherited that
constraint from a common ancestor.
- Fix pg_get_ruledef() to show the alias, if any, attached to the
target table of an "UPDATE" or "DELETE".
- Restore the pre-8.3 behavior that an out-of-range block number in a
TID being used in a TidScan plan results in silently not matching
any rows. 8.3.0 and 8.3.1 threw an error instead.
- Fix GIN bug that could result in a too many LWLocks taken failure.
- Fix broken GiST comparison function for tsquery.
- Fix tsvector_update_trigger() and ts_stat() to accept domains over
the types they expect to work with.
- Fix failure to support enum data types as foreign keys.
- Avoid possible crash when decompressing corrupted data.
- Fix race conditions between delayed unlinks and "DROP DATABASE".
In the worst case this could result in deleting a newly created
table in a new database that happened to get the same OID as the
recently-dropped one; but of course that is an extremely
- Repair two places where SIGTERM exit of a backend could leave
corrupted state in shared memory.
- Fix possible crash due to incorrect plan generated for an x IN
(SELECT y FROM ...) clause when "x" and "y" have different data
types; and make sure the behavior is semantically correct when the
conversion from "y"'s type to "x"'s type is lossy.
- Fix oversight that prevented the planner from substituting known
Param values as if they were constants.
- Fix planner failure when an indexable MIN or MAX aggregate is used
with DISTINCT or ORDER BY.
- Fix planner to ensure it never uses a "physical tlist" for a plan
node that is feeding a Sort node.
- Avoid unnecessary copying of query strings.
- Make TransactionIdIsCurrentTransactionId() use binary search
instead of linear search when checking child-transaction XIDs.
This fixes some cases in which 8.3.0 was significantly slower than
- Fix conversions between ISO-8859-5 and other encodings to handle
Cyrillic "Yo" characters (e and E with two dots).
- Fix several datatype input functions, notably array_in(), that were
allowing unused bytes in their results to contain uninitialized,
unpredictable values. This could lead to failures in which two
apparently identical literal values were not seen as equal, resulting in
the parser complaining about unmatched ORDER BY and DISTINCT
- Fix a corner case in regular-expression substring matching
(substring(string from pattern)).
The problem occurs when there is a match to the pattern overall but
the user has specified a parenthesized subexpression and that
subexpression hasn't got a match. An example is substring('foo'
from 'foo(bar)?'). This should return NULL, since (bar) isn't
matched, but it was mistakenly returning the whole-pattern match
instead (ie, foo).
- Prevent cancellation of an auto-vacuum that was launched to prevent
- Improve "ANALYZE"'s handling of in-doubt tuples (those inserted or
deleted by a not-yet-committed transaction) so that the counts it
reports to the stats collector are more likely to be correct.
- Fix initdb to reject a relative path for its --xlogdir (-X) option.
- Make psql print tab characters as an appropriate number of spaces,
rather than \x09 as was done in 8.3.0 and 8.3.1.
- Add ECPGget_PGconn() function to ecpglib. Dropped
00upstream-ecpg-get-connection.patch, which backported this fix.
- Fix incorrect result from ecpg's PGTYPEStimestamp_sub() function.
- Fix handling of continuation line markers in ecpg.
- Fix possible crashes in "contrib/cube" functions.
- Fix core dump in "contrib/xml2"'s xpath_table() function when the
input query returns a NULL value.
5b10f18372d34e10921284fe1459e05a 1299 misc optional postgresql-8.3_8.3.3-0ubuntu0.8.04.dsc
19ef0b614e5e4f2ba6705f5f9a26f656 58294 misc optional postgresql-8.3_8.3.3-0ubuntu0.8.04.diff.gz
Original-Maintainer: Martin Pitt <mpitt at debian.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Hardy-changes