Accepted: wireshark 0.99.7-1 (source)
archive at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 4 11:06:45 GMT 2008
-> Component: universe Section: net
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:59:35 +0000
Binary: ethereal, wireshark-dev, ethereal-dev, wireshark, tethereal, wireshark-common, tshark, ethereal-common
Maintainer: Frederic Peters <fpeters at debian.org>
Changed-By: Michael Bienia <michael at vorlon.ping.de>
wireshark - network traffic analyzer
Closes: 412097 453292 454739 454758
wireshark (0.99.7-1) unstable; urgency=high
* New upstream release.
* fixes several security issues:
* The IPv6 dissector could loop excessively. (CVE-2007-6439)
* The USB dissector could loop excessively or crash. (CVE-2007-6439)
* The SMB dissector could crash. (CVE-2007-6438)
* The RPL dissector could go into an infinite loop. (CVE-2007-6450)
* The WiMAX dissector could crash due to unaligned access on some
* The CIP dissector could attempt to allocate a huge amount of memory
and crash. (CVE-2007-6451)
* debian/patches/04_drop-capabilities.dpatch: disable "drop capabilities"
patch as Wireshark now has a dumpcap binary that drop capabilities and
capture network. This fixes issues of dropping too many capabilities.
* debian/control, debian/rules: enabled LUA support. (closes: #412097)
* debian/patches/17_clique_rm_support.dpatch: add support for the CliqueRM
protocol. (closes: #454739)
* debian/patches/05_plugin-libdir.dpatch: updated to fix plugin installation.
815b6f744655ae68118371095d88131c 29394 net optional wireshark_0.99.7-1.diff.gz
20cbbee7397119adb91a70781368f393 1081 net optional wireshark_0.99.7-1.dsc
94fa5f58ccee12c1a298f9e0daca9a94 16723904 net optional wireshark_0.99.7.orig.tar.gz
More information about the Hardy-changes