Accepted: console-setup 1.19ubuntu1 (source)
cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 27 15:15:17 GMT 2007
-> Component: main Section: utils
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:05:15 +0000
Binary: console-setup-amiga-ekmap console-setup-udeb console-setup console-setup-macintoshold-ekmap console-setup-fonts-udeb bdf2psf console-setup-mini console-setup-sun5-ekmap console-setup-pc-ekmap console-setup-sun4-ekmap console-setup-ataritt-ekmap
Maintainer: Ubuntu Installer Team <ubuntu-installer at lists.ubuntu.com>
Changed-By: Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com>
bdf2psf - Font converter to generate console fonts from BDF source fonts
console-setup - Setup the font and the keyboard on the console
console-setup-amiga-ekmap - Encoded keyboard layouts for amiga keyboards
console-setup-ataritt-ekmap - Encoded keyboard layouts for ataritt keyboards
console-setup-fonts-udeb - Console fonts for Debian Installer
console-setup-macintoshold-ekmap - Encoded keyboard layouts for macintoshold keyboards
console-setup-mini - An experimental micro version of console-setup package
console-setup-pc-ekmap - Encoded keyboard layouts for pc keyboards
console-setup-sun4-ekmap - Encoded keyboard layouts for sun4 keyboards
console-setup-sun5-ekmap - Encoded keyboard layouts for sun5 keyboards
console-setup-udeb - Configure the keyboard
Closes: 405005 424665 425773 426082 435285 438395 443709
console-setup (1.19ubuntu1) hardy; urgency=low
* Resynchronise with Debian. Remaining changes:
- Use keymapper to generate decision trees for a restricted subset of
the pc105 model.
- If the detect-keyboard debconf plugin is available
(cdebconf-newt-detect-keys in the installer), then offer to use it to
detect the keyboard layout.
- Only default to Canadian layout for fr_CA; use U.S. English for other
- Reset console-setup/toggle to the default if it's set to "No toggling"
and you select a non-Latin layout.
- Change the default font from Terminus to VGA where supported.
- Run kbd_mode on each tty in ACTIVE_CONSOLES rather than on the current
tty, since the current tty might belong to X and changing X's tty out
of raw mode is a very bad idea.
- Automatically save the font and keymap to /etc in
/etc/init.d/console-setup if it isn't being run from init. Similarly,
ensure that the font and keymap are saved to /etc during initial
- Disable workaround in ckbcomp for the kernel not applying Caps Lock to
non-ASCII letters, except for Turkish layouts; the cure is worse than
the disease because it makes Caps Lock equivalent to Shift Lock.
- Set keymap and font in the initramfs if possible.
- Set default variant for French to oss.
- Fix handling of commas in layout and variant names.
- Fix keymap reduction not to try to express keymap A in terms of keymap
B when B includes keys not mapped by A.
- debian/config.proto: Set sparc default model to pc105.
- Remove 'exit 0' from the end of debian/config.proto; this will be
sourced from the postinst in the installer, and exiting in the
successful case means that /etc/default/console-setup never gets
- Set default model to pc105 on powerpc/ps3 systems.
* Switch back to console-tools-udeb for now; we'd like to use kbd for
Hardy, but Alpha 1 is looming ...
* Stop running debconf-updatepo on clean; this is not standard in d-i and
should be done manually where necessary in Ubuntu.
* Backport from trunk:
- Run setupcon with --save in the postinst to ensure that required data
is copied to /etc.
- Load the saved keymap in /etc/console-setup/boottime.kmap.gz if
available rather than running ckbcomp (which is slow), unless we're
being called with --save or --save-only.
console-setup (1.19) unstable; urgency=low
[ Jérémy Bobbio ]
* Fix additional ellipsis in keyboard-setup initscript. (Closes: #435285)
[ Otavio Salvador ]
* Provides keyboard-setup virtual package.
[ Anton Zinoviev ]
* ckbcomp: '#' is also a comment character. Thanks to Matt Kraai,
[ Debconf templates translations ]
* German. Closes: #438395
console-setup (1.18) unstable; urgency=low
* In d-i environment read the encoding from debian-installer/charset
console-setup (1.17) unstable; urgency=low
* Add a manual page for ckbcomp. Thanks to Vassilis Pandis,
* Apply a patch by Colin Watson:
- enable udebs;
- remove unhelpful defaults for several questions;
- allow preseeding of console-setup/modelcode,
console-setup/optionscode, and console-setup/fontsize;
- remove outdated note about loadkeys in console-setup-udeb's
- Add a few bits of installer integration to console-setup-udeb
borrowed from kbd-chooser.
I disabled the code for making UTF-8 default charmap in d-i because
there are locales which use other charmap. However I made setupcon to
always use UTF-8 in d-i environment.
* Updated French and Dutch translations, new Portuguese. Thanks to
Pedro Ribeiro, Jean-Luc Coulon and Bart Cornelis.
Closes: #424665, #425773, #426082.
7c3c947b764c8f76bb7b822cc2397122 1101 utils optional console-setup_1.19ubuntu1.dsc
9d37f1ad771784d8e9820122ad382700 2395327 utils optional console-setup_1.19ubuntu1.tar.gz
Original-Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <debian-boot at lists.debian.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Colin Watson <cjwatson at debian.org> -- Debian developer
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Hardy-changes