Accepted samba 3.0.26a-1ubuntu1 (source)
ajmitch at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 19 22:15:21 BST 2007
-> Component: main Section: net
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:58:10 +1200
Binary: samba-doc-pdf samba-doc libsmbclient libpam-smbpass swat winbind smbclient samba libsmbclient-dev samba-common samba-dbg smbfs
Maintainer: Ubuntu Core Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com>
Changed-By: Andrew Mitchell <ajmitch at ubuntu.com>
libpam-smbpass - pluggable authentication module for SMB/CIFS password database
libsmbclient - shared library that allows applications to talk to SMB/CIFS serve
libsmbclient-dev - libsmbclient static libraries and headers
samba - a LanManager-like file and printer server for Unix
samba-common - Samba common files used by both the server and the client
samba-dbg - Samba debugging symbols
samba-doc - Samba documentation
samba-doc-pdf - Samba documentation (PDF format)
smbclient - a LanManager-like simple client for Unix
smbfs - mount and umount commands for the smbfs (for kernels >= than 2.2.
swat - Samba Web Administration Tool
winbind - service to resolve user and group information from Windows NT ser
Closes: 155345 360384 391742 410663 429429 431661 434372 436215
samba (3.0.26a-1ubuntu1) gutsy; urgency=low
- Set locale to 'C' while calling the passwd change program
* Merge from debian unstable, remaining changes:
- set SAMBA_VERSION_VENDOR_SUFFIX to Ubuntu
- Remove typehandling (not used in Ubuntu)
- Set default workgroup to MSHOME
- Remove type-handling.
- Make sure $PIDDIR exists (/var/run is a tmpfs)
- Ubuntu's log_progress_msg is a no-op, so to avoid confusion, don't
say specifically which daemons we're handling. (LP #25803)
- Add "(Samba, Ubuntu)" to server string.
- Change the (commented-out) "printer admin" example to use "@lpadmin"
instead of "@ntadmin", since the lpadmin group is used for spool admin.
- Comment out the default [homes] shares and add more verbose comments to
explain what they do and how they work (LP #27608). Also, add a
comment about "valid users = %S" to show users how to restrict access
to \\server\username to only username.
- Bail out if there's no "mail" command.
- Alter the panic-action script to link to the samba bug reporting page
- do not change priority to HIGH if dhclient3 is installed
samba (3.0.26a-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
* Remove the samba-common/unsupported-passdb debconf template and
the associated code in samba-common.postinst, that deals with pre-etch
* Remove the samba/tdbsam template and the remaining line referencing
it (for no need) in samba.postinst. That code was removed in 3.0.23c-2
and was dealing with pre-3.0 transitions.
samba (3.0.26-1) unstable; urgency=high
* New upstream release: security update for CVE-2007-4138:
incorrect primary group assignment for domain users using the rfc2307 or
sfu winbind nss info plugin.
samba (3.0.25c-1) unstable; urgency=low
[ Noèl Köthe ]
* new upstream released from 2007-08-20
- added smbfs deprecation information to help and manpage
- fixed winbind leaking file descriptors
- fixed smbpasswd fails with errorcode SUCCESS as normal user
[ Christian Perrier ]
* Drop the (upstream unmaintained) python bindings (python-samba package)
* swat: turn the dependency on samba-doc to a Recommends:
Thanks to Peter Eisentraut for dealing with that issue and bringing it
back. Closes: #391742
samba (3.0.25b-2) unstable; urgency=low
[ Steve Langasek ]
* Don't start nmbd if 'disable netbios' is set in the config.
* missing_userspace_bugzilla999.patch: always use opt_gid and opt_uid,
set to those of the invoking user, when called as non-root.
* Fix up fhs.patch for some new FHS regressions:
- make sure all references to winbindd_idmap.tdb look in /var/lib/samba
- make sure all references to winbindd_cache.tdb look in /var/cache/samba
- share_info.tdb belongs in /var/lib/samba; this is a regression
introduced in 3.0.23-1, so fix up this path on samba upgrade
- move the ADS "gpo" cache directory to /var/cache/samba
- move idmap_cache.tdb to /var/cache/samba, and fix up the path on
* linux-cifs-user-perms.patch: also support setting a default uid and gid
value when mount.cifs is called as non-root
* cifs-umount-trailing-slashes.patch: canonicalize mount point names when
umount.cifs is called, to avoid unnecessarily leaving entries behind in
/etc/mtab if invoked with a trailing slash in the mount point name
* cifs-umount-same-user.patch: the CIFS_IOC_CHECKMOUNT ioctl check
in umount.cifs assumed that errors would return a value > 0, when in fact
the return value on failure is -1. Correct this assumption, which was
allowing any user to unmount shares mounted by other users.
* smbpasswd-syslog.patch: Fix pam_smbpass to no longer call openlog()
and closelog(), since this will interfere with syslogging behavior
of the calling application. Closes: #434372.
* swat should depend only on inet-superserver, not update-inetd, per
[ Christian Perrier ]
* debian/panic-action: bail out if there's no "mail" command
Patch from the Ubuntu samba packagers.
* debian/smb.conf: use the comment from Ubuntu package for the "valid users"
setting of [homes] as a basis for ours. Ubuntu's wording is better.
[ Peter Eisentraut ]
* Don't ignore errors from make distclean, as per lintian check
[ Debconf translations ]
* Gujarati updated. Closes: #436215
ba69b3184bdd6da541a11240e0139012 1426 net optional samba_3.0.26a-1ubuntu1.dsc
16b47e6add332e5ac4523fc88c381d06 18180031 net optional samba_3.0.26a.orig.tar.gz
4f704cdbf1cf68d867dd9e06637f330b 200435 net optional samba_3.0.26a-1ubuntu1.diff.gz
Original-Maintainer: Debian Samba Maintainers <pkg-samba-maint at lists.alioth.debian.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the gutsy-changes