Accepted cryptsetup 2:1.0.5-2ubuntu1 (source)
siretart at tauware.de
Tue Oct 2 22:45:36 BST 2007
-> Component: main Section: admin
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 21:31:28 +0200
Binary: cryptsetup cryptsetup-udeb
Maintainer: Ubuntu MOTU Developers <ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com>
Changed-By: Reinhard Tartler <siretart at tauware.de>
cryptsetup - configures encrypted block devices
cryptsetup-udeb - configures encrypted block devices
Closes: 401766 409775 411784 418450 421693 436434 438169 438198 438450 438473 441428
Launchpad-Bugs-Fixed: 73862 144390 144390
cryptsetup (2:1.0.5-2ubuntu1) gutsy; urgency=low
* Merge new debian version. Remaining changes:
- cryptsetup is linked dynamically against libgcrypt and libgpg-error.
This will break systems where /usr is a separate encrypted filesystem
but not have other bad consequences (in particular, systems with
encrypted root are still fine). The upsides include better
security supportability and smaller packages.
- libcryptsetup.so et al removed from the binary packages. They have
no stable ABI and are not suitable for use by other packages, and
were in violation of library policies etc. They're not needed since
the cryptsetup executable statically contains the relevant parts of
- cryptdisks.functions: remove #!/bin/bash as it isn't a script
by itself; it's only sourced by other scripts. This gets rid
of the lintian warning `script-not-executable' for this file.
- stop usplash on user input. LP #62751
- Always output and read from the console. LP #58794.
- Add XSBC-Vcs-Bzr tag to indicate that this package is managed using
bzr on launchpad.
- Bump libgcrypt11 build-dependency again to 1.2.4-2ubuntu2 to eliminate
- debian/initramfs/cryptroot-hook: (LP: #73862)
Added patch to install aes optimized cypher module
- try to load optimized cypher module in cryptsetup.functions as well,
because cryptroot-hook is only executed when we really have a
- apply patch from pitti for allowing UUIDs in /etc/crypttab.
This allowes crypted PVs! LP: #144390.
- remove README.ubuntu, since it contains old and obsolete information.
cryptsetup (2:1.0.5-2) unstable; urgency=low
[ Jonas Meurer ]
* Add libselinux1-dev and libsepol1-dev to build-depends. Detected by
the build daemon from hell by Steinar H. Gunderson. Thanks to Manoj
Srivastava for advice.
* Fix the watchfile
* Fix cryptopensc-hook to honor key=none. Thanks to Daniel Baumann
* Remove outdated README.html and example usbcrypto.* scripts from
documentation. Add example usbcrypto.udev script. Thanks to Volker Sauer
for the update. (closes: #409775)
* Document that stdin is read different with '--key-file=-' than without.
Thanks to Marc Haber. (closes: #418450)
* Document that --timeout is useless in conjunction with --key-file. Thanks
Alexander Zangerl. (closes: #421693)
* [03_check_for_root.dpatch] Check for UID == 0 before actually doing
something. Thanks to Benjamin Seidenberg. (closes: #401766)
* [04_fix_unused_or_unitialized_variables.dpatch] Fix some gcc warnings
about unused or unitialized variables. Thanks to Ludwig Nussel for the
* [05_segfault_at_nonexisting_device.dpatch] Fix segfault when trying to
open a non existing device. Thanks to Ludwig Nussel for the patch.
* Add CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" before ./configure invocation in debian/rules.
This way CFLAGS are passed to the configure script. Thanks to Gordon
Farquharson for the patch. (closes: #438450)
* Add a warning about missing hash option in crypttab to initramfs
cryptoroot hook. Thanks to Sebastian Leske for the patch.
* Add support for openct using data objects on a smartcard as key. Thanks to
Daniel Baumann <baumann at swiss-it.ch> for patch and documentation.
* Polish opensc_decrypt and openct_decrypt.
* Add initramfs patch by maximilian attems. Bump depends on initramfs-tools
to (>= 0.91). (closes: #441428)
* several cleanups to make lintian happy:
- remove #!/bin/sh from cryptsetup.functions as it is not executable.
- remove unused-override configure-generated-file-in-source config.log.
- add some hyphen fixes to patches/02_manpage.dpatch
* Filter out the detection of filesystem type 'minix' in checks vol_id and
un_vol_id if checking for any valid filesystem. The minix fs signature
seems short enough to be detected erroneously by /lib/udev/vol_id.
Thanks to Fredrik Olofsson and arno for the bugreport. (closes: #411784)
* Add Homepage field to debian/control.
cryptsetup (2:1.0.5-1ubuntu5) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
* apply patch from pitti for allowing UUIDs in /etc/crypttab.
This allowes crypted PVs! LP: #144390.
* remove README.ubuntu, since it contains old and obsolete information.
5de2457ba5627010642307d3fb4fe8e8 1050 admin optional cryptsetup_1.0.5-2ubuntu1.dsc
20415851f1ebaf0cdd995c15b720c8f4 47107 admin optional cryptsetup_1.0.5-2ubuntu1.diff.gz
Original-Maintainer: Debian Cryptsetup Team <pkg-cryptsetup-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Debian Powered!
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the gutsy-changes