Accepted jailer 0.4-10 (source)
archive at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 5 21:54:17 BST 2007
-> Component: universe Section: admin
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 18:47:05 +0100
Maintainer: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs at computer.org>
Changed-By: Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com>
jailer - Builds and maintains chrooted environments
Closes: 382318 410548
jailer (0.4-10) unstable; urgency=high
* Have updatejail use tempfile instead of the unsafe /tmp/$$.updatejail
construct which makes it vulnerable to symlink attacks in /tmp/.
Since this tool is run as root this is a severe bug and thus
the urgency. (Closes: #410548)
[ Minor program improvements ]
* Fix updatejail so that the identifier matches exactly the name of the jail
and does not match jails containing its name (Closes: #382318)
* Fix a typo in the updatejail program output
* Do not dump stderr to /dev/null when running cpio. This will make it
print out a lot of cruft when creating makejails, but at least errors
will be easy to spot.
* Improve error messages in updatejail, check that the jail identifier
is not empty and that the root directory exists.
[ Documentation improvements ]
* Rewrite some places of the manpages to fix grammar and typos.
* Note in updatejail's manpage that the Root: location has to match the
identifier being used.
[ Debian package changes ]
* Use debhelper compatibility version 4
* Use dh_installman instead of dh_installmanpages
* Add a space to the Homepage line in debian/control
c208c88f9b2a414c5b01dbc29d3a7d65 30498 admin optional jailer_0.4-10.diff.gz
026ba8e80e9c7fa3e4ea9ffd93abc112 589 admin optional jailer_0.4-10.dsc
More information about the gutsy-changes