Accepted snort 2.7.0-2 (source)
archive at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 2 13:11:21 BST 2007
-> Component: universe Section: net
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:08:54 +0100
Binary: snort-mysql, snort-common, snort-pgsql, snort, snort-rules-default, snort-doc
Maintainer: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs at computer.org>
Changed-By: Kees Cook <kees at ubuntu.com>
snort - Flexible Network Intrusion Detection System
Closes: 320920 320920 323985 404991 407421 435417
snort (2.7.0-2) experimental; urgency=low
* Fix generation of the common snort binary, which was distributed without
* Fix location of dynamic engines in snort.conf
* Change signatures 1443 and 1444 since there was an error in their
definition ( Cannot use 'rawbytes' and 'http_uri' as modifiers for the
same "content" nor use 'rawbytes' with "uricontent". )
snort (2.7.0-1) experimental; urgency=low
* New upstream release (Closes: #435417, #404991, #320920, #323985)
- Fixes DOS attack: CVE-2006-6931 - "Backtracking Algorithmic Complexity"
DoS against IDS engine (Closes: #407421)
* Introduce all the rules available from the 2.4 release which are GPL and
are non-VRT certified, that is, all rules which are outside of the range
[3,465-1,000,000]. This amounts to a total of 3935 rules (820 of which are
* In order to handle rulesets with mixed GPL and non-GPL rules two scripts
have been made available in the source rules/ subdirectory:
- remove-non-gpl.pl - Given a rules file removes all rules outside
the above range
- purge-non-gpl.sh - Given a directory dumps on the local directory
only rules outside this range.
In order to limit maintainer overhead the header for modified rulesets has
not been changed.
* Include the VRT license file. This file is kept for reference under the
rules/ dir, although *no* rule in this package is under that non-free license.
* Include a NEWS.Debian item describing the license change and the rules
distributed within this package.
not in the database packages (Closes: #320920)
* As a consequence of the above Build-Depend on libprelude-dev, iptables-dev
* Provide support for Prelude in both snort and snort-inline packages but
* The examples are now included in the -common package instead of having
them in all the binary packages
This package provides support to make an experimental separate binary
package for inline support: snort-inline, which most of the configuration is
shared with the snort binary package but the PPP related options have been
removed. However, snort-inline does not support libnet 1.1 so we cannot
provide it yet. This has been changed in Snort's code but it's far from
- Make the configure script work with libnet 1.1.
- Port parts of the API (some declarations) to 1.1
snort (2.3.3-15) unstable; urgency=low
* Include all the community signatures available as of today into the
snort-signatures package. This means 820 new signatures go in.
* Sync mappings:
* Updated the gen-msg.map under rules/ with the maps under etc/
* Updated the sid-msg.map under etc/ with the maps under rules/
f4f11f793599750614ee5c477744e648 3905896 net optional snort_2.7.0.orig.tar.gz
6bf8d5cb2c1dc8d22709e5a6fe797bfe 879 net optional snort_2.7.0-2.dsc
78358e950fe541e184a9fcab83b558e5 1520880 net optional snort_2.7.0-2.diff.gz
More information about the gutsy-changes