Accepted debhelper 5.0.49ubuntu1 (source)
cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 26 10:51:19 BST 2007
debhelper 5.0.49ubuntu1 was ACCEPTED.
Component: main Section: devel
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:56:27 +0100
Maintainer: Ubuntu Core Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com>
Changed-By: Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com>
debhelper - helper programs for debian/rules
Closes: 85963 217552 242834 288250 359614 381851 381854 381940 400571 404785 406707 406921 414537 415717 419060 419612 419849 420158
debhelper (5.0.49ubuntu1) gutsy; urgency=low
* Resynchronise with Debian. Remaining changes:
- autoscripts/postinst-scrollkeeper: Do not display scrollkeeper output.
- Add dh_iconcache.
- dh_installwm: In backward-compatibility code, assume /usr/bin/X11
rather than /usr/X11R6/bin.
- dh_installudev: Change default priority string to 50, and change the
separator character to "-".
- dh_installxfonts: Set a versioned Depends on xfonts-utils to ensure
availability of --x11r7-layout.
* Drop dh_gconf changes as they only affect upgrades from versions of
Ubuntu before 6.06.
* Set Ubuntu maintainer address per Debian's request.
debhelper (5.0.49) unstable; urgency=low
* dh_installwm: Fix several stupid bugs, including:
- man page handling was supposed to be v6 only and was not
- typo in alternatives call
- use the basename of the wm to get the man page name
* dh_installwm: Also make the code to find the man page more robust and
fall back to not registering a man page if it is not found.
debhelper (5.0.48) unstable; urgency=low
* Remove use of #SECTION# from dh_installinfo postinst snippet
that was accidentially re-added in 5.0.46 due to a corrupt svn checkout.
debhelper (5.0.47) unstable; urgency=low
* Fix absurd typo. How did I test for an hour and miss that? Closes: #419612
debhelper (5.0.46) unstable; urgency=low
* Fix a typo in postinst-udev.
debhelper (5.0.45) unstable; urgency=low
* dh_installudev: Install udev rules directly into /etc/udev/rules.d/, not
using the symlinks. MD has agreed that this is more appropriate for most
* That fixes the longstanding bug that the symlink was only made on brand
new installs of the package, rather than on upgrade to the first version
that includes the udev rules file. Closes: #359614
* This avoids the need to run udevcontrol reload_rules, since inotify
will see the file has changed. Closes: #414537
* dh_installudev: Add preinst and postinst code to handle cleanly moving
the rules file to the new location on upgrade.
* This would be a good time for the many packages that manage rules files
w/o using dh_installudev to begin to use it..
* Do script fragement reversal only in v6, since it can break certian
third party programs such as dh_installtex. Closes: #419060
debhelper (5.0.44) unstable; urgency=low
* dh_installudev: Don't fail if the link already somehow exists on initial
package install. Closes: #415717
* prerm and postrm scripts are now generated in a reverse order than
preinst and postinst scripts. For example, if a package uses
dh_pysupport before dh_installinit, the prerm will first stop the init
script and then remove the python files.
* Introducing beginning of v6 mode.
* dh_installwm: In v6 mode, install a slave manpage link for
x-window-manager.1.gz. Done in v6 mode because some window managers
probably work around this longstanding debhelper bug by registering the
slave on their own. This bug was only fixable once programs moved out of
/usr/X11R6. Closes: #85963
* dh_builddeb: In v6 mode, fix bug in DH_ALWAYS_EXCLUDE handling, to work
the same as all the other code in debhelper. This could only be fixed in
v6 mode because packages may potentially legitimately rely on the old
buggy behavior. Closes: #242834
* dh_installman: In v6 mode, overwrite existing man pages. Closes: #288250
* Add dh_installifupdown. Please consider using this if you have
/etc/network/if-up.d, etc files. Closes: #217552
debhelper (5.0.43) unstable; urgency=low
[ Valery Perrin ]
* Correct typo in french translation
[ Joey Hess ]
* Typo. Closes: #400571
* dh_fixperms: Change a chmod +x to chmod a+x, to avoid the umask
* Looks like Package-Type might get into dpkg. Support it w/o the XB-
* dh_installudev: Fix postrm to not fail if the udev symlink is missing.
Closes: #406921, #381940
* dh_fixperms: Make all files in /usr/include 644, not only .h files.
* Man page improvements. Closes: #406707
* dh_installdocs: In v5 mode, now ignore empty files even if they're hidden
away inside a subdirectory. The code missed this before. See #200905
* dh_installudev: Support debian/udev files. Closes: #381854
* dh_installudev: Treat --priority value as a string so that leading zeros
can be used (also so that a leading "z" that is not "z60" can be
specified). Closes: #381851
* Misc minor changes.
67776c97980329c28cfead68d57ffb69 633 devel optional debhelper_5.0.49ubuntu1.dsc
359652eb2ed83e74ca448024608cbd76 272885 devel optional debhelper_5.0.49ubuntu1.tar.gz
Original-Maintainer: Joey Hess <joeyh at debian.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the gutsy-changes