Accepted console-setup 1.15ubuntu1 (source)
cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 26 19:53:32 BST 2007
console-setup 1.15ubuntu1 was ACCEPTED.
Component: main Section: utils
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:52:52 +0100
Binary: console-setup-amiga-ekmap console-setup-udeb console-setup console-setup-macintoshold-ekmap console-setup-fonts-udeb bdf2psf console-setup-mini console-setup-sun5-ekmap console-setup-pc-ekmap console-setup-sun4-ekmap console-setup-ataritt-ekmap
Maintainer: Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com>
Changed-By: Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com>
bdf2psf - Font converter to generate console fonts from BDF source fonts
console-setup - Setup the font and the keyboard on the console
console-setup-amiga-ekmap - Encoded keyboard layouts for amiga keyboards
console-setup-ataritt-ekmap - Encoded keyboard layouts for ataritt keyboards
console-setup-fonts-udeb - Console fonts for Debian Installer
console-setup-macintoshold-ekmap - Encoded keyboard layouts for macintoshold keyboards
console-setup-mini - An experimental micro version of console-setup package
console-setup-pc-ekmap - Encoded keyboard layouts for pc keyboards
console-setup-sun4-ekmap - Encoded keyboard layouts for sun4 keyboards
console-setup-sun5-ekmap - Encoded keyboard layouts for sun5 keyboards
console-setup-udeb - Configure the keyboard
Closes: 408602 412128 413356
Launchpad-Bugs-Fixed: 94177 105595
console-setup (1.15ubuntu1) gutsy; urgency=low
* Resynchronise with Debian (LP: #94177). Remaining changes:
- Use keymapper to generate decision trees for a restricted subset of
the pc105 model.
- If the detect-keyboard debconf plugin is available
(cdebconf-newt-detect-keys in the installer), then offer to use it to
detect the keyboard layout.
- Ship MyKeyboardNames.pl (as KeyboardNames.pl) and kbdnames-maker in
- Only default to Canadian layout for fr_CA; use U.S. English for other
- Fix default layout for Bosnian and default variant for Hindi.
- Set default charmap for d-i to UTF-8.
- Remove unhelpful defaults for several questions.
- Adjust the default keyboard model for Brazilian and Japanese layouts.
- Allow preseeding of console-setup/modelcode, console-setup/layoutcode,
console-setup/variantcode, console-setup/optionscode, and
- Use jp(latin),jp rather than us,jp by default for Japanese.
- Reset console-setup/toggle to the default if it's set to "No toggling"
and you select a non-Latin layout.
- Change the default font from Terminus to VGA where supported.
- Add a few bits of installer integration to console-setup-udeb borrowed
- console-setup Depends: perl; something in ckbcomp is causing perl to
'use utf8' implicitly, and some of the necessary modules aren't in
- Run kbd_mode on each tty in ACTIVE_CONSOLES rather than on the current
tty, since the current tty might belong to X and changing X's tty out
of raw mode is a very bad idea.
- Map fr_CH to ch(fr) (Swiss French).
- Fix codeset question priority for Esperanto.
- Automatically save the font and keymap to /etc in
/etc/init.d/console-setup if it isn't being run from init. Similarly,
ensure that the font and keymap are saved to /etc during initial
- Disable workaround in ckbcomp for the kernel not applying Caps Lock to
non-ASCII letters, except for Turkish layouts; the cure is worse than
the disease because it makes Caps Lock equivalent to Shift Lock.
- Add a --save-only option to setupcon, to save the keyboard/font on the
root filesystem but not actually tell the kernel to set it up. Use it
to make sure the font is available on the root filesystem for the next
boot but not to load it immediately, avoiding console manipulation
when X or usplash is running.
- Set keymap and font in the initramfs if possible.
- Add lt to list of non-Latin keymaps.
- Set default variant for French to oss.
- Fix handling of commas in layout and variant names.
- Fix keymap reduction not to try to express keymap A in terms of keymap
B when B includes keys not mapped by A.
- Source debconf confmodule earlier in postinst.
- Fix horrible confusion if the locale has no supported default codeset.
- Fix console-setup/codeset default to be one of the available choices.
- Don't set an AltGr key by default for US layouts.
- Add amiga, ataritt, sun4, and sun5 models, since they are used as
defaults on certain architectures.
- Map keycode 133 to AT scancode 124 for Japanese.
* debian/config.proto: Set sparc default model to pc105 (LP: #105595).
* debian/control: Multiply Installer-Menu-Item number by 100.
* debian/control: Remove outdated note about loadkeys in
* debian/console-setup.postinst: Drop font fixups for upgrades from
development versions of Edgy.
console-setup (1.15) unstable; urgency=low
* Updated Georgian letters for Fixed16 and Fixed14. Thanks to Vladimer
console-setup (1.14) unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload to fix pending l10n issues.
* Debconf translations:
- Czech. Closes: #408602
- Spanish. Closes: #412128
- Galician. Closes: #413356
- Convert French to UTF-8
d639353a10a92fa068bf75785d4dc7f2 1044 utils optional console-setup_1.15ubuntu1.dsc
de9f2aae617928882d64bf938041f5c5 4462013 utils optional console-setup_1.15ubuntu1.tar.gz
Original-Maintainer: Console utilities maintainers <pkg-kbd-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the gutsy-changes