[Bug 788519] Re: behaviour regression due to apt-listchanges
Launchpad Bug Tracker
788519 at bugs.launchpad.net
Wed May 25 17:48:45 UTC 2016
This bug was fixed in the package apt-listchanges - 2.89ubuntu1
apt-listchanges (2.89ubuntu1) yakkety; urgency=medium
* Merge with Debian; remaining changes:
- apt-listchanges/DebianFiles.py: only use apt-get changelog if which is
changelogs or both, so not for news.
apt-listchanges (2.89) unstable; urgency=medium
* Fix the 'none' frontend broken since version 2.86.
* Introduce --select-frontend option for testing purposes
to validate different frontends before release.
* Quit early in the apt mode if there are no packages
to process (this partially fixes #514865).
* Standards-Version: 3.9.8 (no changes).
apt-listchanges (2.88) unstable; urgency=medium
* Fix build reproducibility by forcing LC_ALL=C for docbook-to-man calls.
* Update the previous debian/NEWS entry to mention renamed options.
apt-listchanges (2.87) unstable; urgency=medium
* Use po4a for handling translations of man pages:
+ convert existing translations to *.po files, and unfuzzy them;
+ incorporate minor update of French man page by Alexandre Detiste
+ make sure the Italian translation is actually installed;
+ update Makefiles, and add build dependency on po4a.
* Fix encoding of non-ASCII mails (closes: #604922).
* Convert http(s) and ftp(s) URLs into links in the browser frontend
(closes: #587399). Additionally do the same CVE/CAN identifiers,
and switch to using https for the Debian BTS links.
* Introduce the --email-format option to optionally send mails in
the HTML format (closes: #689731).
* Rename the --save_seen option to --save-seen to match names of
other command line options that contain hyphens rather than
underscores (closes: #707667). Also rename --all to --show-all
to match the name of the configuration file option. (Both older
options are supported for backward compatibility, but no longer
documented in the man page).
* Enhance apt-listchanges(1) man page:
+ describe the format of the configuration file together with
possible values of boolean options (see #707667);
+ document that browser, pager, and xterm settings can include
arguments (closes: #784781);
+ disambiguate description of changes ordering (closes: #594844).
* Introduce --ignore-apt-assume option to disable switching into
non-interactive mode in case of `apt-get -y' (closes: #818712).
* Switch to the non-interactive mode when DEBIAN_FRONTEND environment
variable is set to "noninteractive". Add --ignore-debian-frontend
to disable this.
* Validate package names command line arguments (closes: #522700).
* Try to prompt for confirmation when exception occurs (closes: #479530).
* Update Polish translation.
* Cleanup debian/rules a bit.
* Drop useless build-dependency on libexpat1-dev.
* Add debian/NEWS entry for recent changes.
apt-listchanges (2.86) unstable; urgency=medium
* New maintainer (closes: #813245).
* Merge binnmu entries with regular ones, not to display the low urgency
binnmus before other possibly more important entries (closes: #746428).
* If at least one package is being upgraded, do not ignore newly installed
packages to try to support cases when /u/s/doc/package directory changes
into symlink to another package built from the same source.
* Check if filenames dict contains package name key before deleting it to
avoid exception (closes: #757203).
* Print "Reading changelogs" into stdout, not stderr (closes: #789160).
* Do not override the mail fronted with text when quiet mode is set and
the mail frontend is usable (closes: #502347, #788059).
* Handle the '--assume-yes' option of apt-get by using non-interactive
frontend and disabling confirmation (closes: #687443, LP: #788519),
and fix exception occurring on non-int value while parsing apt
'quiet=' line (closes: #604130).
* Switch debian/copright to the DEP-5 format.
+ use https for Vcs-* fields, and link to cgit rather than gitweb;
+ remove remaining uploader;
+ bump Standards-Verrsion to 3.9.7 (no changes).
-- Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu.com> Wed, 25 May 2016 18:11:31 +0200
** Changed in: apt-listchanges (Ubuntu)
Status: Confirmed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Foundations Bugs, which is subscribed to apt-listchanges in Ubuntu.
behaviour regression due to apt-listchanges
Status in apt-listchanges package in Ubuntu:
Status in apt-listchanges package in Debian:
Binary package hint: apt
In Maverick, the following would prompt the user *once* (for the root
password resulting from the initial 'sudo'):
$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade
Now, due to apt-listchanges, if any changelogs need to be downloaded,
apt will not complete until an admin manually pages through the
changelog entries. This appears to be due to apt-listchanges,
specifically /etc/apt/listchanges.conf which specifies:
To avoid regressing the traditional behaviour, a fix would be to
change listchanges.conf to specify:
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the foundations-bugs