[Bug 1546457] Re: libc6 2.15-0ubuntu10.13 doesn't mark reboot-required
Launchpad Bug Tracker
1546457 at bugs.launchpad.net
Wed May 25 08:45:27 UTC 2016
This bug was fixed in the package glibc - 2.21-0ubuntu4.2
glibc (2.21-0ubuntu4.2) wily-security; urgency=medium
* SECURITY UPDATE: buffer overflow in gethostbyname_r and related
- debian/patches/any/CVE-2015-1781.diff: take alignment padding
into account when computing if buffer is too small.
* SECURITY UPDATE: glibc Name Service Switch (NSS) denial of sevice
- debian/patches/any/CVE-2014-8121-1.diff: do not close NSS files
database during iteration.
- debian/patches/any/CVE-2014-8121-2.diff: Separate internal state
between getXXent and getXXbyYY NSS calls.
* SECURITY UPDATE: glibc unbounded stack usage in NaN strtod
- debian/patches/any/CVE-2014-9761-1.diff: Refactor strtod parsing
of NaN payloads.
- debian/patches/any/CVE-2014-9761-1.diff: Fix nan functions
handling of payload strings
* SECURITY UPDATE: out of range data to strftime() causes segfault
(denial of service)
- debian/patches/any/CVE-2015-8776.diff: add range checks to
* SECURITY UPDATE: glibc honors LD_POINTER_GUARD env for setuid
AT_SECURE programs (e.g. setuid), allowing disabling of pointer
- debian/patches/any/CVE-2015-8777.diff: Always enable pointer
* SECURITY UPDATE: integer overflow in hcreate and hcreate_r
- debian/patches/any/CVE-2015-8778.diff: check for large inputs
* SECURITY UPDATE: unbounded stack allocation in catopen()
- debian/patches/any/CVE-2015-8779.diff: stop using unbounded
* SECURITY UPDATE: Stack overflow in _nss_dns_getnetbyname_r
- debian/patches/any/CVE-2016-3075.diff: do not make unneeded
memory copy on the stack.
* SECURITY UPDATE: pt_chown privilege escalation
- debian/patches/any/CVE-2016-2856.diff: grantpt: trust the kernel
about pty group and permission mode
- debian/sysdeps/linux.mk: don't build pt_chown
- debian/rules.d/debhelper.mk: only install pt_chown when built.
- CVE-2016-2856, CVE-2013-2207
* debian/debhelper.in/libc.postinst: add reboot notifications for
security updates (LP: #1546457)
-- Steve Beattie <sbeattie at ubuntu.com> Fri, 08 Apr 2016 09:44:34 -0700
** Changed in: glibc (Ubuntu Wily)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Foundations Bugs, which is subscribed to glibc in Ubuntu.
libc6 2.15-0ubuntu10.13 doesn't mark reboot-required
Status in glibc package in Ubuntu:
Status in eglibc source package in Precise:
Status in eglibc source package in Trusty:
Status in glibc source package in Wily:
2.15-0ubunt10.13 on ubuntu 12.04 was installed last night as a result
of http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-2900-1/ and unattended-upgrades
However we are not getting a reboot-required file in /var/run/reboot-
We are doing reboots by hand, but we believe this should be fixed.
I'll have a look at the packaging to see why this didn't happen.
Thanks for any help,
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the foundations-bugs