[Bug 1582692] Re: OOM using CRON but not using SHELL under 16.04
Tiago Stürmer Daitx
1582692 at bugs.launchpad.net
Tue May 17 22:05:42 UTC 2016
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. Please answer these questions:
* Can you reproduce it with other java programs?
* Can you reproduce it with a smaller -Xmx?
* What specific steps should we take to recreate this bug?
* How much RAM your system has (so I can try to simulate the % of used and available RAM)
* Your crontab and under which user it is being run
* (If at all possible) a sample of the program you are trying to run (or the program + settings)
This will help us to find and resolve the problem, as I have been so far
unable to reproduce it.
** Changed in: cron (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Foundations Bugs, which is subscribed to cron in Ubuntu.
OOM using CRON but not using SHELL under 16.04
Status in cron package in Ubuntu:
When I start a java program with high memory usage ("-Xmx52g") by
shell, everything is working well. However if I start the same program
with the same command and same user by CRON, I get a
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError just after a few seconds.
Additionally CRON isn't able to do anything as long as I don't kill
the blocked java program. No matter which cronjob should be started,
it always ends up with "(CRON) error (can't fork)" in syslog. After
killing the java program all new cronjobs are working fine again.
The problem only occurs with Ubuntu 16.04, all older versions worked
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the foundations-bugs