[Bug 1574892] Re: IDLE 3.5.1+ runtime error on Options -> Configure IDLE
Launchpad Bug Tracker
1574892 at bugs.launchpad.net
Tue May 10 08:23:29 UTC 2016
This bug was fixed in the package python3.5 - 3.5.1-12
python3.5 (3.5.1-12) unstable; urgency=medium
* Update to 20160509 from the 3.5 branch.
- Issue #26811: gc.get_objects() no longer contains a broken tuple with
- Issue #20120: Use RawConfigParser for .pypirc parsing, removing support
for interpolation unintentionally added with move to Python 3. Behavior
no longer does any interpolation in .pypirc files, matching behavior in
Python 2.7 and Setuptools 19.0.
- Issue #25745: Fixed leaking a userptr in curses panel destructor.
- Issue #26881: The modulefinder module now supports extended opcode
- Issue #23815: Fixed crashes related to directly created instances of
types in _tkinter and curses.panel modules.
- Issue #17765: weakref.ref() no longer silently ignores keyword arguments.
- Issue #26873: xmlrpc now raises ResponseError on unsupported type tags
instead of silently return incorrect result.
- Issue #26881: modulefinder now works with bytecode with extended args.
- Issue #26711: Fixed the comparison of plistlib.Data with other types.
- Issue #24114: Fix an uninitialized variable in `ctypes.util`.
- Issue #26864: In urllib.request, change the proxy bypass host checking
against no_proxy to be case-insensitive, and to not match unrelated host
names that happen to have a bypassed hostname as a suffix.
- Issue #26634: recursive_repr() now sets __qualname__ of wrapper.
- Issue #26804: urllib.request will prefer lower_case proxy environment
variables over UPPER_CASE or Mixed_Case ones.
- Issue #26837: assertSequenceEqual() now correctly outputs non-stringified
differing items (like bytes in the -b mode).
This affects assertListEqual() and assertTupleEqual().
- Issue #26041: Remove "will be removed in Python 3.7" from deprecation
messages of platform.dist() and platform.linux_distribution().
- Issue #26822: itemgetter, attrgetter and methodcaller objects no longer
silently ignore keyword arguments.
- Issue #26733: Disassembling a class now disassembles class and static
- Issue #26801: Fix error handling in :func:`shutil.get_terminal_size`,
catch :exc:`AttributeError` instead of :exc:`NameError`.
- Issue #24838: tarfile's ustar and gnu formats now correctly calculate name
and link field limits for multibyte character encodings like utf-8.
- Issue #26657: Fix directory traversal vulnerability with http.server on
- Issue #26736: Used HTTPS for external links in the documentation if
- Issue #22359: Disable the rules for running _freeze_importlib and pgen
when cross-compiling. The output of these programs is normally saved
with the source code anyway, and is still regenerated when doing a
native build. Closes: #820509.
- Issue #21668: Link audioop, _datetime, _ctypes_test modules to libm.
- Issue #26799: Fix python-gdb.py: don't get C types once when the Python
code is loaded, but get C types on demand. The C types can change if
python-gdb.py is loaded before the Python executable.
* Fix issue #26673, runtime error in idle3. LP: #1574892.
* Update symbols files.
-- Matthias Klose <doko at debian.org> Mon, 09 May 2016 13:00:17 +0200
** Changed in: python3.5 (Ubuntu)
Status: Confirmed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Foundations Bugs, which is subscribed to python3.5 in Ubuntu.
IDLE 3.5.1+ runtime error on Options -> Configure IDLE
Status in Python:
Status in python3.5 package in Ubuntu:
Status in python3.5 source package in Xenial:
Open IDLE for Python 3 on Ubuntu 16.04 (idle3 3.5.1-3) and click Options -> Configure IDLE.
The menus of IDLE stop responding and the terminal shows the following message:
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/tkinter/__init__.py", line 1553, in __call__
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/idlelib/EditorWindow.py", line 516, in config_dialog
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/idlelib/configDialog.py", line 74, in __init__
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/idlelib/configDialog.py", line 1086, in LoadConfigs
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/idlelib/configDialog.py", line 988, in LoadFontCfg
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/idlelib/configDialog.py", line 866, in SetFontSample
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/tkinter/__init__.py", line 1333, in configure
return self._configure('configure', cnf, kw)
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/tkinter/__init__.py", line 1324, in _configure
self.tk.call(_flatten((self._w, cmd)) + self._options(cnf))
_tkinter.TclError: expected integer but got ""
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the foundations-bugs