[Bug 1529815] Re: InfiniBand DHCP flow with PRA and DHCP relay not working
Rafael David Tinoco
rafael.tinoco at canonical.com
Thu May 5 13:35:47 UTC 2016
** Patch added: "xenial_isc-dhcp_4.3.3-5ubuntu13.debdiff"
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Foundations Bugs, which is subscribed to isc-dhcp in Ubuntu.
InfiniBand DHCP flow with PRA and DHCP relay not working
Status in isc-dhcp package in Ubuntu:
Status in isc-dhcp source package in Trusty:
Status in isc-dhcp source package in Wily:
Status in isc-dhcp source package in Xenial:
* Infiniband users relying on DHCP can't use DHCP relay.
* Comment #13
* Mellanox has tested themselves.
* Clear way of knowing if fix worked (tcpdump).
* Only related to Infiniband.
* Infiniband support could stop working (unlikely, already tested).
[ Original Description ]
* Anything else you think is useful to include
* Anticipate questions from users, SRU, +1 maintenance, security teams and the Technical Board
* and address these questions in advance
DHCP client is sending discover with Unicast type request for the
offer, in this configuration of IB to ETH through a relay we need the
type to be broadcast.
The issue is that when using dhclient from the client on Ubuntu (and only on Ubuntu) with MOFED or inbox driver, we see that that DHCP server offers in unicast instead of broadcast. It seems there is no way to correct this from the client side using dhclient configuration file.
this issue exist even when we use always-broadcast statement in configuration file.
in other vendors we see that discover request type is broadcast.
attached pcap files from working (other vendor) and not working (Ubuntu) clients.
DHCP CLIENT (IPoIB)
Ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.13.0-74
Mellanox OFED 3.1-1.0.3 or inbox driver
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the foundations-bugs