[Bug 1056707] Re: "Unsafe swap space detected" dialog displayed too late if swap is created after an encrypted partition and makes manual partitioner unusable
brian at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 26 16:40:15 UTC 2012
** Tags removed: rls-q-incoming
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Foundations Bugs, which is subscribed to ubiquity in Ubuntu.
"Unsafe swap space detected" dialog displayed too late if swap is
created after an encrypted partition and makes manual partitioner
Status in “ubiquity” package in Ubuntu:
Status in “ubiquity” source package in Quantal:
Quantal Desktop 20120926
In the manual partitioner, if the user creates the swap space after
the encrypted space then installation starts and the "Unsafe swap
space detected" dialog is shown during the timezone step. When the
dialog is dismissed, it brings the user back to the guided partitioner
not the manual partitioner.
Then, if I use the manual partitioner again, it is unusable, all the
actions are greyed, only 'Change' is enabled but does nothing
In the guided partioner, If I select 'Erase everything' then
installation stops on error with a dialog titled 'ERROR!!!'
"'/dev/sdaX' device or resource busy."
The dialog should be displayed when the user creates the swap space
and the manual partitioner should allow to fix the mistake.
1. Start Ubiquity and go to the manual partitioner
2. Create a new partition table
3. Add a partition of type "physical volume for encryption" and do not allocate all disk space, enter a passphrase and press 'ok'
4. Select the newly created partition and mount it on '/'
5. Select the free space and create a partition of type 'ext4', mounted on '/boot' and keep free space for a swap partition.
6. Select the free space and create a partition of type 'swap space'
7. Press 'Install Now'
Installation continues, proceeds to the timezone step and the stops with a dialog 'Unsafe swap space detected'
Installation is completely blocked because the partition is not released and cannot be reused.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the foundations-bugs