[Bug 1048431] Re: upgrade to oneiric fails
1048431 at bugs.launchpad.net
Mon Sep 10 01:21:04 UTC 2012
There is a 'term.log' file in /var/log/dist-upgrade/20120910-0224 but it
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Foundations Bugs, which is subscribed to update-manager in Ubuntu.
upgrade to oneiric fails
Status in “update-manager” package in Ubuntu:
Ubuntu distribution upgrade tool displays an error message saying "the
upgrade couldn't be configured" while upgrading Ubuntu from Natty to
What happened exactly:
1. Ran update-manager (from gnome GUI).
2. The update manager's window showed up. There was a button for upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10; I clicked it.
3. A confirmation/release notes window appeared. I clicked the 'Upgrade' button again.
4. The upgrade progress window appeared. When the second step (configuring new software channels) began, an info message appeared which said that third-party sources in my "sources.list" were restricted by the update manager.
5. While calculating the changes (still at the second step), the error message appeared. I clicked the 'Close' button. The upgrade stopped and the upgrade tool began rolling back to the installed release (previous state of the system).
Error message text (partial):
An unresolvable problem occurred while calculating the upgrade:
E:Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve [...]
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.04
Package: update-manager 1:0.150.5.4
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-15.66-generic-pae 22.214.171.124
Uname: Linux 2.6.38-15-generic-pae i686
Date: Mon Sep 10 02:26:11 2012
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" - Release i386 (20101007)
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to natty on 2012-09-09 (0 days ago)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the foundations-bugs