[Bug 824708] Re: aptitude can no longer show changelogs: "Changelog download failed: Download queue destroyed."
824708 at bugs.launchpad.net
Fri Sep 7 06:59:52 UTC 2012
** Summary changed:
- aptitude can no longer show changelogs: "Changelog download failed: Download queue destroyed." Please merge the fixed version, 0.6.8, from Debian.
+ aptitude can no longer show changelogs: "Changelog download failed: Download queue destroyed."
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Foundations Bugs, which is subscribed to aptitude in Ubuntu.
aptitude can no longer show changelogs: "Changelog download failed:
Download queue destroyed."
Status in “aptitude” package in Ubuntu:
Status in “aptitude” package in Debian:
Aptitude (<< 0.6.8) can't download/view package changelogs with
libapt-pkg (>= 0.8.16~exp3). This affects both the command line
interface and the interactive (ncurses) interface.
Viewing a packages changelog is a significant part of deciding which
updates to apply. Although the changelogs can still be viewed using
apt-get, it is a great inconvenience to no longer be able to do this
from aptitude's interactive interface.
* An unrelated issue in aptitude requires deb-src lines to fetch
changelogs from the command line. Ensure the system has some valid
$ sudo echo "deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
$ sudo apt-get update
* Choose a package, say python-apt, and verify the changelog is
available with apt-get:
$ apt-get changelog python-apt
Get:1 Changelog for python-apt (http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/p/python-apt/python-apt_0.8.0ubuntu7/changelog) [109 kB]
Fetched 109 kB in 0s (370 kB/s)
* Attempt to fetch the same changelog using aptitude:
$ aptitude changelog python-apt
Err Changelog of python-apt
E: Changelog download failed: Download queue destroyed.
E: Couldn't find a changelog for python-apt
* Moderate size patch which is mostly trivial updates of types to
unsigned long long as used in libapt-pkg.
* The updated module is only used to acquire changelogs, so any
regression is likely to be limited to interacting with changelogs.
* Fixed in Debian sid since June with no regressions reported.
 The module is also used to acquire screenshots by the experimental
GTK+ interface which is no longer developed and was never
considered supported by upstream.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the foundations-bugs