[Bug 1044788] Re: Installer is barely readable with Adwaita theme
jeremy at bicha.net
Sat Sep 1 18:51:07 UTC 2012
** Attachment added: "Ubiquity-with-HighContrast.png"
** Attachment removed: "UbiquitySyslog.txt"
** Attachment removed: "UbiquityPartman.txt"
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Foundations Bugs, which is subscribed to ubiquity in Ubuntu.
Installer is barely readable with Adwaita theme
Status in “ubiquity” package in Ubuntu:
While preparing the Ubuntu GNOME remix image, I noticed that the
installer is barely usable with Adwaita.
1. Install gnome-themes-standard
2. Open System Settings>Appearance and set the theme to Adwaita
3. Install ubiquity-frontend-gtk and ubiquity-ubuntu-artwork
4. Run ubiquity
This also affects the High Contrast theme when running ubiquity from
installed Ubuntu; notably selecting High Contrast from a live CD
doesn't really change the theme colors as expected but makes the text
larger (and it's not possible to get the text back to normal but
that's a different bug).
From installed Ubuntu
1. Open System Settings>Appearance and set the theme to HighContrast
2. Install ubiquity-frontend-gtk and ubiquity-ubuntu-artwork
3. Run ubiquity
4. With HighContrast, it's even worse as there is white on white text and it's not even possible to select the text to see what the text says.
I guess Ubiquity is using custom widgets/theming. Screenshots
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10
Package: ubiquity 2.11.26
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-13.14-generic 3.5.3
Uname: Linux 3.5.0-13-generic x86_64
Date: Sat Sep 1 14:09:48 2012
InstallCmdLine: noprompt cdrom-detect/try-usb=true file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper initrd=/casper/initrd.lz quiet splash --
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Alpha amd64 (20120827)
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the foundations-bugs