Accepted cl-launch 1.91-1 (source)
Scott James Remnant
scott at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 17 02:11:33 GMT 2006
cl-launch 1.91-1 was ACCEPTED.
Component: universe Section: devel
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:56:50 +0000
Maintainer: Francois-Rene Rideau <fare at tunes.org>
Changed-By: Scott James Remnant <scott at ubuntu.com>
cl-launch - uniform frontend to running Common Lisp code from the shell
Closes: 379531 384697
cl-launch (1.91-1) unstable; urgency=low
* This "corner rounding" release passes full regression tests on all of
clisp sbcl cmucl ecl gclcvs gcl allegro openmcl
* make gcl load scripts it can't compile because their pathname lacks a type
* make clisp properly compile scripts without a pathname type.
* work around what I think is a bug in clisp option parsing,
by introducing a pseudo-filename after -- and skipping it in ext:*args*
* use defsystem inside cl-launch, so that there will be no attempt to later
miscompile an installed header into something empty due to #-cl-launch,
which would confuse other software that depends on cl-launch but is being
loaded without cl-launch (e.g. from SLIME).
* fix --include /... for all shells by reshuffling BASIC_ENV_CODE
* fix and/or work around some race condition in cacheing causing transient
errors in the regression test suite, due to compilation happening within
the same split second as automatic generation of next source code, which
confuses clisp. I'm unable to fathom whether the race is due to a bug in
cl-launch, clisp or the linux kernel, and so I won't blame others.
* make sure ABORT is defined in the wrapper
* regression test report
on blefuscu (Pentium-M @1200MHz):
cl-launch -l clisp -B tests 0 143 31.20s user 10.86s system 84% cpu 49.755 total
cl-launch -l cmucl -B tests 0 143 39.76s user 15.40s system 85% cpu 1:04.81 total
cl-launch -l sbcl -B tests 0 143 167.11s user 26.64s system 82% cpu 3:56.11 total
cl-launch -l ecl -B tests 0 103 372.40s user 11.56s system 90% cpu 7:04.33 total
cl-launch -l gcl -B tests 0 35 5.88s user 1.93s system 51% cpu 15.156 total
cl-launch -l gclcvs -B tests 0 71 27.90s user 9.06s system 79% cpu 46.587 total
cl-launch -l allegro -B tests 0 143 44.48s user 7.91s system 84% cpu 1:02.10 total
on rastapopoulos (PPC 603ev @240MHz):
cl-launch -l openmcl -B tests 0 143 888.90s user 234.23s system 82% cpu 22:48.42 total
cl-launch (1.90-1) unstable; urgency=low
* This "bit unrot" release passes the full regression test on
clisp sbcl cmucl ecl gclcvs gcl allegro
* Refactor the way dumping and updates interact, fix some bugs.
* avoid #+foo #+foo bar baz idiom to make acl5 happy again.
* Fix buglets in the self-test exclusion patterns for gcl and ecl
* make gcl-pre2.7 happier by avoiding keyword arguments in COMPILE-FILE
* do not default INCLUDE_PATH to IMAGE_DIR when dumping.
* update/fix documentation wrt what implementations are supported and how.
cl-launch (1.89-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Enhance OpenMCL support: can now dump files and use direct command-line
cl-launch (1.88-1) unstable; urgency=low
* separate the debian thing in a .diff.gz.
* The correct command to detect packaging bugs is
cl-launch (1.87-1) unstable; urgency=low
* due to popular request, add a resource file feature, a --rc/--no-rc
option pair to enable/disable this feature, and the ability to configure
cl-launch into having it enabled or disabled by default. Closes: #384697.
cl-launch (1.86-1) unstable; urgency=low
* include image dumping in automated test suite, catching several bugs.
* fix a nasty bug stupidly introduced in 1.83 whereby command-line arguments
were not recomputed anymore when restarting from a dumped image (doh).
* got --dump to work well with --update
* try to get ECL to compile systems further, but hit some c::builder issues.
See my messages of this month (august 2006) on the ECL mailing list.
* tried to debug support for gcl 2.6.7-17:
got --file working again (w/o fasl cache), but --system is hopeless.
* gclcvs 2.7.0-54 doesn't even install properly anymore; on a system where
it is installed of old its EVAL-WHEN seems badly broken.
cl-launch (1.85-1) unstable; urgency=low
* unbreak some recent simplifications that don't work in all failure cases
* consequently restore the partial support for GCL
* work around current brokenness of ECL in debian
* install cl-launch in /usr/share/common-lisp/source/cl-launch
with an asd visible by c-l-c so as to allow (require 'cl-launch).
cl-launch (1.84-1) unstable; urgency=low
* fix compile-file-pathname* (and thus option -f) in presence of c-l-c
* add apply-output-pathname-translations to the API
* refactor the image-dumping infrastructure to allow support for ECL;
kluges to get around ECL 0.9i bug in c::builder pathname type handling.
Many thanks to people on the ecls-list for help.
NB: as of debian package ecl-0.9i-2, you must
for cl-launch to work with ECL, due to bug in debian packaging of ECL.
cl-launch (1.83-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Considering that I am not a proper Debian Developer, add my sponsor as
Uploaders: Peter Van Eynde <pvaneynd at debian.org>, Rene van Bevern <rvb at debian.org>
Many thanks to Luca Capello <luca at pca.it>.
* Properly declare previous bug fixed. Closes: #379531.
* Debian documentation tweaks.
* ECL file-compilation support debugged by Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll.
cl-launch (1.82-1) unstable; urgency=low
* explicitly call sh ./cl-launch.sh in the build rules so as to
(fix bug #379531 reported by Andreas Jochens (though I suspect
he did something wrong and this "fix" wasn't needed).
cl-launch (1.81-1) unstable; urgency=low
* fix typo that prevented saving an override of SBCL_OPTIONS.
Thanks to Matthew Danish <mdanish at andrew.cmu.edu> for the bug report.
* document the fact that GCL support is currently broken.
* preliminary support for ECL.
cl-launch (1.80-1) unstable; urgency=low
* work on the latest openmcl, that doesn't have #+ccl anymore, and may have
an empty :asdf package. Runtime failure trying to dump image on x86_64.
* have *print-readably* nil makes allegro 5 happier with asdf.
cl-launch (1.79-1) unstable; urgency=low
* work well with common-lisp-controller when compiling without asdf.
cl-launch (1.78-1) unstable; urgency=low
* fix allegro support
cl-launch (1.77-2) unstable; urgency=low
* fix some lintian warnings
cl-launch (1.77-1) unstable; urgency=low
* play well with debian and common-lisp-controller for inclusion in debian unstable
* make lisp options more static when dumping an image.
cl-launch (1.76) unstable; urgency=low
* fix some issues with dumping, quitting, restarting
* improve the documentation some more.
cl-launch (1.75) unstable; urgency=low
* use truename to compile and load files specified with relative path
(this opens a can of worm of its own).
Issue raised by Vladimir Sekissov <svg at surnet.ru>.
* fix some more bugs in the documentation
* some code refactoring, slight bug fixes
cl-launch (1.74) unstable; urgency=low
* fix some bugs in the documentation
cl-launch (1.73) unstable; urgency=low
* add a symlink alias 'cl' to cl-launch
* options --print and --write to evaluate and print expression
* default behaviour being --execute
* implicit --print if only one argument
* options --dump and --restart that dump lisp images for fast startup
(more output file optimization could be done here, plus support for
:executable t in sbcl and/or clisp; :restart not fully supported)
* cmucl now uses the noarg invocation method for safer behaviour.
* some slight bug fixes in code and documentation.
cl-launch (1.72) unstable; urgency=low
* "Initial" package. Earlier packages never having been accepted by Debian,
I didn't actually maintain a changelog about them.
9f110f93f7befc7dd1dd53b9079af2c6 27989 devel optional cl-launch_1.91.orig.tar.gz
202fb5b2881d66bc5ebe8f5f00df163e 683 devel optional cl-launch_1.91-1.dsc
3cffffd35eb1bf108474522541083c0d 7035 devel optional cl-launch_1.91-1.diff.gz
More information about the feisty-changes