No Chroot PNP Server- Changed IP- Not Serving Fat Clients

Jim Christiansen jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 17:38:39 UTC 2015

Hello,

I've done a non chroot pnp installation and had it up and running and
serving a non-chroot image.  Awesome!  It is ready to add new users for my
next semester of classes starting next week.

The last step for me in the past is to give it the ip number of the former
ltsp server.  I do this so that I don't have to un-freeze my 30 WinXP
student computers that all use the LTSP server for my Mechanical Design
Course samba storage.

The server boots, samba works for storage, the server has internet, but it
is not serving the image.  It just spins wheels waiting for the PXE to take
off...

It all worked using the old ip.  After changing the interfaces file to the
new ip, it can deliver the image.

Where should I look to fix this?

Thanks,  Jim