Edubuntu 12.04 LTSP - Fat clients hangs on shutdown with Kernel 3.8 and higher

Nick Fenger nick.fenger at gmail.com
Mon May 19 18:59:22 UTC 2014

Hi there,

Got thin and fat client shutdowns to work on a variety of client hardware
by issuing these commands (not entirely sure which one does the trick):

   pkill screen-session
   /etc/init.d/udev stop
   pkill pulseaudio
   alsa --force-unload
   halt -fp

Struggled with this for some time as well, it's a nuisance for sure.

-Nick