LTSP-pnp + 2 NIC setup + Network Manager but no NAT

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 14:53:10 UTC 2014

Hi Asmo!

I’m glad to see that ltsp-pnp docs are alive and well in Finland. I did try the page: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fltsp.fi%2F%3Fpage_id%3D42&edit-text= and I’m pretty sure I could follow google’s translation well enough if I were using the non-network manager solution of editing the /etc/network/interfaces page. However, as I concur with the argument that if teachers can see the network via network manager that empowers them to better understand their classroom system so that’s why I’m trying to implement ltsp-pnp via network manager.

I did notice that google attempted to translate the commands, for example translating:
> cat /root/nat-rules.sh
> cat / root / sodium rules.sh
so that was kind of weird, but google does a lot better than I could so I can’t really comment ;-)

I liked your, “Read first” page at: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fltsp.fi%2F%3Fpage_id%3D42. You use ltsp-pnp in public schools, right? How many Finnish k-12 or university classrooms use ltsp in general ltsp-pnp would you estimate?

Thanks,
David