What's the secret to installing Java in a fat client image?

theluketaylor ekul.taylor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 01:18:22 UTC 2013

Did you mount items like /dev?  Certain packages with post install
scripts can need that.  Most packages don't fail as a result but I
wouldn't be surprised java would complain since it's likely trying to
create some certs or something and can't read from /dev/random

mount --bind /dev /opt/ltsp/i386/dev
mount -t proc none /opt/ltsp/i386/proc
mount -t sysfs none /opt/ltsp/i386/sys