ltsp and sound

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 20:06:13 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am giving ltsp on edubuntu a test run after many years of not
looking at ltsp. I have problems getting the sound to work properly.
My server is an edubuntu version 12.10 running in Virtualbox. It
mostly works when using a diskless Virtualbox virtual machine as thin
client and booting it from the ltsp server.

I also have a Dell laptop that I can boot over the network. I test
with the default audio application, rhythmbox. There's no error from
rhythmbox on the laptop, but also no sound ;) the timer stays at 0:00.
In syslog there is a line that says "[pulseaudio] sink-input.c: Failed
to create sink input: sink is suspended." This log line appears before
opening any sound application. There is no firewall on the server.

(it also appears that with a

--
Frank Van Damme
"My new computer came with Windows 7. Windows 7 is much more user- friendly