Desktop choice/performance

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 01:09:05 UTC 2012

OK... 8:00 at night at school with my son, setting up classroom
infrastructure--haven't done this in a while...  I've got some
questions/doubts about install,  Here's what I did (am going for 2-nic,
dnsmasq install...

   -

   sudo -iadd-apt-repository --yes ppa:ts.sch.grapt-get updateapt-get
--yes install dnsmasq ltsp-server-standalone ltsp-client
ldm-ubuntu-theme

Question: it asks about config of nbd--not sure what all it means.  What
are the ramifications of yes disconnect all NBD devices on "stop" or no?
While it says traditional is Yes, since No was highlighted (thinking it may
be recommended--sounds safer? I... OK I chose No.  (still as

   -

   ltsp-config dnsmasq

worked... then I quickly unplugged the cable because it said, "*Restarting
DNS forwarder and DHCP server dnsmasq".  Three years ago I took down our
school network with a port broadcasting on the building (external)
network--I can't afford to have a bad rep with the tech dept here... To
investigate I went to /etc/network/interfaces and only saw

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

Huh?
Stymied...
I'd appreciate it if you would add that part about doing a 2 nic setup :D
Also, what about that "Disconnect all NBD devices..." choice I made?  Might
be good to explain a bit of that on the pnp page.

Thanks again,
David