SSD and magnetic drives: configuration

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 10:54:52 UTC 2012

Good morning,

I implemented a similar setup at our location:

1 Intel i7 core with 12 GB RAM

1 OCZ SSD drive with PCI-express interface (research found it was MUCH
faster than the SATA interface). 2 x 1 TB WD Platter SATA drives in
mirror RAID configuration for /home  -- everything else was mounted on
the SSD

So far we've got about 20 thin clients running off this machine
without a hiccup and the server is not breaking a sweat.

I hope that helps!
Joseph