No subject

Matt Johnson johnsonmlw at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 07:30:19 UTC 2012

All,

* Is it a sensible idea to install solid state drives in a ltsp server?

* Could we expect to benefit significantly (60 workstations, 32 used concurrently in a lab)?

* If so... With solid state drives faster but more expensive than traditional magnetic drives, would it make sense to install the root directory (/) on solid state but /home on the traditional drive just for user file storage?

* That got me thinking... If I'm on the right lines, what other directories would it make sense to mount on the traditional drive rather than the more expensive but faster drive (and still enjoy a much faster system)?

Thanks as always.

--
Matt