Epoptes: call for translations/testing

Zied ALAYA zied.alaya at ubuntu.com
Mon May 14 13:24:52 UTC 2012

+1 to the total langages: just finished the arabic translation :)

just some problem I saw last time: when I start Epoptes after the client
login, nothing is detected.
If Epoptes is lanched before the client login: every think works well.

thx for this great application, it will be very very usuful for any teacher.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Alkis Georgopoulos <alkisg at gmail.com>wrote:

> Epoptes 0.5.0 will be published tonight, and it will be the version
> included in Debian Wheezy and Ubuntu Precise (except for minor updates with
> new translations and bug fixes).
>
> It's been translated in 14 languages so far, but some new strings are
> missing from some translations, so anyone interested please visit
> https://translations.**launchpad.net/epoptes/<https://translations.launchpad.net/epoptes/>and complete them.
>
> Cheers,
> Alkis Georgopoulos
>

> Στις 18/01/2012 08:39 πμ, ο/η Alkis Georgopoulos έγραψε:
>
>  Epoptes [1] is a new computer lab management and monitoring tool. It
>> allows for screen broadcasting and monitoring, remote command execution,
>> message sending, imposing restrictions like screen locking or sound
>> muting the clients and much more!
>>
>> It can be installed in Debian [2] and Ubuntu [3] based labs that may
>> contain any combination of the following: LTSP servers, thin and fat
>> clients, non LTSP servers, standalone workstations, NX clients etc.
>>
>> Starting from Edubuntu 12.04, epoptes replaces iTalc in the DVD. Anyone
>> interested in helping epoptes get in shape for Precise should test, by
>> the end of January, if it works in his environment [4], and if it needs
>> to be translated in his language [5]. Epoptes has been translated to 7
>> languages so far and adding support for a new language is done in
>> launchpad via a web browser, so it's very easy and it shouldn't need
>> more than 1 hour.
>>
>> Hope you find it useful!
>> The epoptes developers
>>

>> [1] Epoptes website:
>>     http://www.epoptes.org
>> [2] http://packages.debian.org/**epoptes<http://packages.debian.org/epoptes>
>>     or the epoptes PPA for versions prior to wheezy
>> [3] http://packages.ubuntu.com/**epoptes<http://packages.ubuntu.com/epoptes>
>>     or the epoptes PPA for versions prior to precise
>> [4] Instructions for installing epoptes:
>>     http://www.epoptes.org/**installation<http://www.epoptes.org/installation>
>> [5] To translate epoptes visit:
>>     http://www.epoptes.org/**translations<http://www.epoptes.org/translations>

Cordialement