Single NIC install of Edubuntu

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Jul 24 00:28:05 UTC 2012

Hi!

I've been doing Linux Terminal Servers for a long time...K12LTSP and even
Edubuntu.  I'm now coming back to Edubuntu after using Resara for a few
years.  Here's my scenario....

I have a huge server...no issues there.  Quad processors...each quad
core...24GB RAM....multiple fast hard drives...gig nics...etc.  I'm trying
to keep it simple.  (most of my switches are unmanaged gigabit
switches...so channel bonding may not be an easy idea..)  I'm trying to do
a single NIC install.  This server will also be the DHCP server for my
entire network.  I can't seem to find the documentation for setting this
up (single NIC that is)  I thought I had it, but now I'm having issues
getting to the internet from the clients and even the server.  Can anyone
point me in the right direction?  I have done a single NIC install before
with K12LTSP...and probably even Edubuntu, but I cannot seem to find the
documentation I used and I'm running into what should be simple issues.
Any ideas are welcome.

David Trask
Technology Director/Teacher
Vassalboro Community School