ubuntu 10.04: problems with thin clients hanging on boot

john lists.john at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 19:23:56 UTC 2011

Hi Dave,

I do have a customized lts.conf

Here it is the default section for reference, I also have per client
settings for printing and shutdown

[Default]
LDM_DIRECTX=True
LOCAL_APPS=True
LOCAL_APPS_MENU = True
LOCAL_APPS_MENU_ITEMS = firefox,google-chrome
LOCALDEV = True
SEARCH_DOMAIN = vanguard
DNS_SERVER = 10.114.5.50
cups_server = 10.110.0.105
TIMESERVER = 10.114.5.50
#SHUTDOWN_TIME = "18:59:30"
LDM_LIMIT_ONE_SESSION = True

# section name per man page for lts.conf
[vhs_lib]
LDM_PRINTER_DEFAULT=VHS-Lib-Printer
LDM_PRINTER_LIST=VHS-Lib-Printer
SHUTDOWN_TIME = "18:59:30"