Help! 10.04 LTSP configuration using only one nic

Jim Christiansen jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:21:57 UTC 2011

Hi David,

OK then.  I spent $300 of our non-existent budget money and just bought 4 1
gig switches and borrowed 2 others.  I started off with the 2 borrowed
switches and things were so dramatically better I bought the other 4.  The
computers all boot quickly and maybe our troubles have been resolved by just
upgrading the switches.  It seemed a few people felt that gig lans were
necessary and this I could check out quickly.

I may still have some wierd issues with the iptables commands so I'll need
to sort out what is going on there.

Logons work quickly but Openoffice takes an uncomfortable length of time to
start.  Is this lag- starting programs- typical with fat clients?

Thanks everyone for the help.

Soooo...  onto my last hurlde.  Does anyone know how to publish a bottle
using Crossover, inside a fat client image???   I have one splendid old CAD
package I use that I've always run using Crossover and I still need to get
it up and running.

Thanks again