Help! 10.04 LTSP configuration using only one nic

Jim Christiansen jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:35:20 UTC 2011

Good morning, David.  Thank you for the help and any ideas.  My clients are
(year 2006) Dell GX620s with 3.6 ghz p4s and all with 1 gig ram.

I've never used two nics in any of my other LTSP setups as I had always kept
them behind IPCOP firewalls.  I haven't had to apply iptable rules for years
and really don't understand what the 1st history command, #49, is doing.
 There is no mention of eth0 or what ever.

I don't know who Alkis is, but is he running his setup on a 100 megabit lan?
 Could the fat image be slimmed down I wonder?

I've just talked to the VP and he says that money is tight to purchase gig
switches.  I had been thinking of yanking the 20 100 mbit switches and
swapping in new gig switches.

I'll be in a pickle here pretty soon.  Thanks again,  Jim