lucid unown user id LTSP user cant loggin

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:31:27 UTC 2011

Instead of starting a new thread, I'm resurrecting this elder thread to
continue to build on it and not re-create the great info already here.

My focused question is, what is the *minimal* server set-up so that just the
following 2 behaviors occur:

   1. The first time a user sits at one of my fatclients, types in her
   user/pass, she will be authenticated via our districts AD setup AND a home
   directory on my server will be created for her.
   2. Thereafter when she sits down, types in her user/pass, she is
   authenticated by our district AD server AND her local (on the LTSP server)
   home folder is mounted.

Luke has provided great resources and I'm looking for the minimal set-up to
accomplish the 2 behaviors described above, at this time, JUST those 2
behaviors.  With the resources/strategies he described, and the answer to
the question in this post, I'm confident that I can make this work.

Thanks,
David