Switching to Kubuntu; problems?

Robert Curriden rcurriden at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:59:09 UTC 2011

Panels, visual effects, plug-ins, forcing the use of Gnome shell...

This move by Canonical is not unlike Microsoft's changing in their own
UI, and is just as arrogant.

FWIW, I am waiting until 12.04; I've used Ubuntu for some time now, and
don't want to change. I just can't stand Unity, and don't want to have
to either use a broken UI and hope they don't completely eliminate it
with the next version, or be stuck using a crippled interface best
suited for smaller touchscreen devices.