Firefox caching to NFS mounted home directories killing disk IO on file server

Donaldson Jeffrey jdonaldson at ncs.k12.de.us
Thu Nov 17 12:53:14 UTC 2011

Manu,

Thank you for the reply. I extracted the omni.jar with jar -x -f
omni.jar in the /usr/lib/firefox-7.0.1 directory. This created the
grepref.js file. I edited that file to comment out the config.obscure
value with // and then added at the end of the file the
pref("general.config.filename", "firefox.cfg"); then wrote the changes.
Next, I ran jar -f omni.jar -u grepref.js. Finally, I deleted the
.mozilla file from a student's home directory and launched firefox
against their account. Firefox came up okay (although no homepage) but I
checked about:cache and about:config and it still isn't pulling the
locked prefs from the firefox.cfg file in /usr/lib/firefox-7.0.1/. Not
sure what else to try. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Jeff

--
Regards,