Local firefox issue

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 18:09:59 UTC 2011

I am getting a weird issue when running Firefox locally.
Specifically, I have a server with 32 thin clients attached. All
clients are the same hardware. however, while local firefox works fine
from almost all these systems, there are 5 systems on which firefox
asks to confirm a security exception before loading a website
(internal to the State, so not accessible in general).

It does not matter which account is used on these thin clients. e.g.
using account dcas001 works on all systems but these 5 when running a
local firefox instance. There are not any entries in the lts.conf file
.. all ip addresses are assigned by dhcp, and the system is set up
with the standard dual NIC approach.  It almost seems like there is
some sort of machine-specific setting affecting the local firefox but
I have no idea what that might be.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Any ideas why this occurs?

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School