edubuntu-users Digest, Vol 60, Issue 5

Patrik Strömberg patrik.stromberg at live.se
Fri May 13 12:59:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

I would use some scheduled copying of users files to two alternating
disks and a third (+fourth) taking a complete image of the server as
Gilles describe.

This way you can either restore single files and/or the whole server
when things go wrong.

I am using this method today, running daily file-backups to a
fileserver and manually making images once a week as backup for a
non-critical webserver I administrate.

Regards,

Patrik TGIF!