Cloning/Imaging

Peter k peter at beetlebolt.com
Wed Jul 20 03:03:03 UTC 2011

Theo's filesystem_migration page triggered a memory. A couple years ago I
also tried to use Norton Ghost to clone and had blinking cursor issues. The
problem was ghost didn't support cloning grub which I was using for my
double-boot system. In fact, I'm under the impression that ghost may not
work with linux at all. To fix it I booted each computer with knoppix and
reinstalled grub (as in Theo's webpage).
Now I use clonezilla for one-off jobs and the drbl live cd for entire labs.
http://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-SE.php
-peter