Re: Standard desktop on thin clients

Mike Biancaniello mikebianc at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 14:33:23 UTC 2011

I'm not sure.
You can certainly try by doing something like:

[jeffd]

LDM_XSESSION="gnome-session --session=classic-gnome"

[mikeb]

LDM_XSESSION="gnome-session --session=gnome"

You may also try something like:
[standard]
LDM_USER=mikeb
LDM_XSESSION="gnome-session --session=gnome"

[oldschool]
LDM_USER=jeffd

LDM_XSESSION="gnome-session --session=classic-gnome"

I haven't tested these to see if they work, though, nor have I seen any documentation suggesting that it would work.

There are some great lts.conf resources:

http://doc.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/edubuntu/handbook/C/customizing-thin-client.html

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EdubuntuFAQ

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/karmic/man5/lts.conf.5.html