client kernel needs cx8 and cmov

Dr. Daniel Loomis drloomis at fpceldorado.org
Wed Jan 12 20:19:58 UTC 2011

Asmo recommended going to Ubuntu 10.4LTS for our church computer lab so I did just that.  Works like a charm on all thin clients.  No cmov missing error messages now.

I am experimenting with an alternative setup to pxeboot thin clients which will use NX for their access to the server.  Will advise on success or failure of that effort.  Advantage is that it only requires a rudimentary i586 kernel to support X-windows and then initiate the NX client.  I am using the resources of ThinStation for my experiment. Disadvantage . . . we'll see?