trouble with localapps flash in 10.10

Theo Schmidt theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch
Tue Jan 4 08:55:57 UTC 2011

Lee Harr schrieb:
>> Now when I try to run flash inside of firefox as a localapp, the
>> flash box comes up, but the box is blank black.
> Any other suggestions?

I don't know anything about local apps, but do know that Flash is a pain. My
solution is simply to keep installing different browsers until one works. Trying
to install the correct plugins in the correct locations rarely works, even if
you know what you're doing. Sometimes this is Google Chrome, sometimes Firefox,
sometimes Konqueror. I'm not joking, some Flash videos I can only view with
Chrome, some with Firefox, and some with Konqueror. It's a real mess. Oh for the
good old days with MPEG1! (I would enthuse about Ogg Theora at this point, but
can't, because sometimes this doesn't work either!)

Theo Schmidt