Italc with edubuntu 10.10 - Thinclients

Gilles Dubois gilles-paul.dubois at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 7 22:56:06 UTC 2011

Hi everybody !
I'm working hard on the new edubuntu server system (maverick).
Little by little things become clear, I'm still fighting with Sabayon
but I could get some service which I needed.
Now I'm busy with Italc which seems to be very interesting.
It's a lot of tutorials on the web but some are for windows, others are
old, etc...
I found something on a French forum corresponding more or less to my
case :
http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/italc
I did everything what they suggest.
I even decided to add the following line:
START_ITALC=True
on the lts.conf file (sounds logical,no ? I found this 'trick' on
another site)
and I decided to rebuild the image, and restart everything (server +
clients).
Finally when I start the service
ica &
and after this iTalc-Master I have the expected window, which they show
everywhere on tutorials (good beginning).
If I go to the 'Thin client Manager' (installed by me) I see everybody
who is connected with names and automatic IP-adresses
But Italc sees nobody in this classroom which they call 'auto-detected'
even if I try to add manually computers by name or IP-adresses
So I'm stuck, don't know what to do at all.
If somebody can help.
Thank you !
Gilles