SMARTboard working with Edubuntu thin-clients?

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 22:04:48 UTC 2011

If you got it working with the older Hardy software, it should work
with the latest and you are definitely ahead of me wrt to getting this
working. At NCS, we got the software to install but I would not call
it functional.  I never did figure out how to actually get it to run
properly at the thin client.  A goal for us is to run the local
clients as fat clients and install using the GUI installer by
temporarily mounting the /opt/ltsp/i386 directory via NFS with r/w
permissions (as was the situation back with LTSP4.2).  Personally, I
have not been impressed with Smart's support of Linux at this point.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins