Open Source Adult Literacy Software

Jack ODonnell jodonnell at worldcomputerexchange.org
Sat Sep 18 01:03:13 BST 2010

Hi all

One of our partners has requested that we send computers that can be
used in an adult literacy programs.  Since the computers will be
equipped with Edubuntu we are hoping to add programs to help them
address this need

Does anyone know of Linux based software that would compliment an adult
literacy program? Or secondarily does anyone know of free online
resources that could be used to support such a program

Thanks
Jack ODonnell
Chicago Coordinator
Regional Manager for Latin America
773 316 2944

www.WorldComputerExchange.org    Technology + Education = Potential

What WCE’s 700 volunteers and 25 global Strategic Allies can deliver:

      * Technologies:  refurbished computers and other equipment
      * Network:  thousands of grassroots groups in 71 developing
        countries
      * Capacity Building:  planning, fund raising, public relations,
        partnership development
      * Content:  education and health materials loaded on computers
        prior to shipping
      * Tech Support: online and onsite (eCorps) troubleshooting,
        training and upgrading
      * Teacher Training:  online and onsite training in the educational
        use of the internet
      * Recycling:  responsible disposal of toxins in computers
        www.Reciclemos.net
      * University Exchanges:  faculty, students, curriculum and
        materials
      * Deployment:  shipping logistics for technology used in economic
        development
      * Entrepreneurs:  incubating development projects in solar, water
        and e-waste