Local Apps

Kees keesvonk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 00:16:39 BST 2010

On 11/09/10 06:53, Kees wrote:
> On 11/09/10 00:27, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
>> Hi Kees
>>
>> On 10/09/2010 12:11, Kees wrote:
>>> I am trying to install firefox as a local app (following this guide:
>>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSPKarmicLocalAppsFirefox)
>>> However I get stuck at the first hurdle. When I am trying to update apt
>>> in the chroot environment it seems like it has no internet access in
>>> there. Probably something I have done wrong in my network setup (one
>>> nic). When I do 'sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386 route' or 'sudo chroot
>>> /opt/ltsp/i386 ifconfig' both commands complain about lack of network
>>> support.
>>>
>>> I can log in on via ltsp and run firefox there without any problems. But
>>> I don't seem to be able to install it as a local app.
>>>
>>> I am not even sure where I should look for this one. If anyone can help
>>> me that would be much appreciated.
>>
>> The nameservers are probably not set in the chroot, try this before you
>> do the 'sudo chroot...' step:
>>
>> sudo cp /etc/resolv.conf /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/
>>
>> -Jonathan
>>

> That worked, thanks. The only problem I have now that I get a warning
> about http://ftpmaster.internal/, is that normal?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kees

Hmmm, it obviously is a problem, when trying to install firefox it is
trying to fetch packages from ftpmaster.internal and it can't do so, as
it does not seem to exist. I suspect something went wrong during my
install, I got some strange errors/warnings when shutting down, but as
everything worked I just left it.

Any ideas?

Kees